10 Reasons to Stay another Day in Salida
I was perusing NowThisIsColorado.com and found the following 10 reasons to stay another day in Salida. This list includes some simple daily pleasures the locals can take for granted.
10. Bicycle or drive the Collegiate Peaks Scenic Byway that runs for miles, north, south, east and west. This is one of the best ways to see historic Chaffee County. Five sites along the drive detail interesting information about the valley’s rich history.
9. Hang out with a creative. Salida is home to one of the first official Colorado Creative Districts. Meet fun and funky artists and learn why they love it here! Enjoy classical music ensembles from the Colorado Symphony, Salida Aspen Concert Series and Walden Chamber Orchestra.
8. Spend a day at the beach. The whitewater park bordering downtown Salida is home to one of Colorado’s best summer beaches. Where the water meets the sand in Salida.
7. FIBArk is the country’s largest, oldest and craziest whitewater festival. First In Boating on the Arkansas, it spells fun for all ages. And don’t miss the infamous Hooligan Race!
6. Speaking of events, Salida’s Christmas Opening and the lighting of ChristmasMountain USA on Friday after Thanksgiving is one of the most fun parades of the year.
5. Sit back and enjoy the view. Any season the views of Sawatch Range 14ers never get old!
4. Cowboy up at the Chaffee County Fair! It’s free and full of fun!
3. Take in the history of Salida with a Hutchinson Ranch Homestead tour or trip to the Salida Museum.
2. Hike, bike or drive to the top of S mountain and get a bird’s-eye view of the valley.
1. Slow down, cruise through downtown Salida and enjoy the great food, fun shops and friendly people.